NOTE: The listing of these websites and resources does not imply an endorsement of the material, content or program offerings in these sites by Dallas Cardiovascular Specialists.
CardioSmart : for a full medical library of conditions and terms related to cardiovascular health.
Heart Hub : American Heart Association patient website. Includes Nutrition Center (recipes, healthy eating advice, shopping tips), Physical Activity (how to get started, motivation tips), smoking cessation information, weight management help, caregiver resources, and much more.
Start Walking Now : Sponsored by American Heart Association. A motivating way to start taking control of your help through walking. Create a customized plan, find walking paths in your neighborhood, get support from the online walking community.
DASH Eating Plan : Download and/or print the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) booklet from the National Institutes of Health. Includes DASH guidelines, sample menus, and recipes.
- The American Heart Association
- Health Grades
- Heart Failure Society of America
- World Heart Federation
- World Health Organization – Cardiovascular Disease
- American Cancer Society
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Heart, Lung & Blood Institution
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Risk Factors Links Smoke Free Society
- American Obesity Association
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association Statistics National Center for Health Statistics
- Texas Department of State Health Services